Our telemedicine consultations are different to in person consultations and by participating in a telemedicine consultation, we ask you to agree to these terms of service. If you do not wish to accept these terms, please contact our reception to arrange an alternative in-person appointment.
- You confirm that you are the owner of the animal or you are authorised by the owner to seek veterinary treatment for the animal. We may choose not to proceed with the consultation otherwise.
- Your veterinarian has explained the limitations and precautions involved in a telemedicine consultation but if you have any questions about this please raise them with your veterinarian during the consultation.
- We may ask for your consent verbally to treatment options, procedures or other matters during your consultation. If there is anything you do not understand please ask your veterinarian to explain. If you have agreed to proceed verbally this will be legally binding.
- If your telemedicine consultation is for an emergency, we may need to refer you to a veterinary hospital that can help.
- Consultations are for one animal at a time and our consultation fee will apply separately to each animal.
- You may be asked to hold your animal and assist the veterinarian by showing them parts of your pet’s body during the consultation. If you are not confident doing this, please ring our reception to notify the hospital before the consultation. If you proceed with the consultation, you agree to release the veterinarian and our clinic from all liability for any injury to you or your pet, or any property damage, resulting from you assisting the veterinarian during the telemedicine consultation.
- We may record (by audio and/or visual means) your telemedicine consultation to meet our professional record keeping obligations and for use in your animal(s) ongoing care, or for quality improvement or veterinary training purposes.
- Payment of our consultation fee is due by the end of the consultation by credit card. We do not offer telemedicine services on account. Where you authorise us to process payment for your consultation using your credit card, you agree that we may charge your credit card (using the details provided by you) for the cost of the consultation.
We may collect personal information as part of our telemedicine services, including your name, address, phone number, credit card details and other information necessary or helpful to undertake a telemedicine consultation. Your personal information may be collected by, or disclosed to, third party service providers that we use to support these services (including a payment provider and/or telemedicine platform service). We will not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing telemedicine services and any resulting veterinary treatment, without your consent.